- Who We Are
- Don't You Dare Miss It
- It's Time For Theme Time
- Contact Us
- It Sounds Different
Fall 2012 / Tempest - 4 prizes & 4 winners
Greetings Fan Club Members and Friends,
Happy autumn and happy looming new Bob tour! We hope you are all doing well and that lots of you have plans to check out an upcoming show or two (or three, or four, or…).
We’ve recently been given a few new books and e-books to promote, so another contest is called for. And, with the North American Fall Tour around the corner and a new album’s worth of songs ready for live debut, what perfect timing! We know you are all pondering which of Bob’s new songs will be performed live, so here’s your chance to share your predictions and win great prizes at the same time!
By show time on Friday, October 5, reply to this email with your answers to the following questions:
1. What will be the first song on Tempest for Bob to debut live?
2. What song on Tempest will Bob play most frequently on the tour?
Extra Credit: What song on Tempest are you most looking forward to hearing Bob play live, and why?*
* If you answer this question along with the first two, we’ll send you a Bob Dylan Fan Club sticker, regardless of whether you win the contest. We may also include some answers on a section of our new site, currently under construction.
We will have 4 winners for this contest. Here are the prizes up for grabs:
Bob Dylan as self-help guru? Why, yes! This book takes a unique look at Bob’s artistry and career, examining his success by looking at character traits and tendencies that we can all learn from and emulate in our own lives.
2. Series of Dreams: The Vision Songs of Bob Dylan – by John Burns
In this e-book, the author examines some of Bob Dylan’s greatest songs, what he calls “vision songs… because they open our eyes and help us to see.” He offers in-depth analysis of songs from Chimes of Freedom to Ain’t Talkin’, concentrating on spiritual and philosophical themes.
3. Words and Music: Excursions in the Art of Rock Fandom– by Michael Anthony
This is a fun and interesting e-book documenting one fan’s experience with the music we all love. It includes a chapter dedicated to discovering Bob.
4. Back by popular demand, the Life Magazine Special Edition, Bob Dylan: Forever Young – 50 Years of Song.
Thanks to Mr. Jinx for the magazine donation and to all who reached out in sharing these varied offerings with our Fan Club members. We couldn’t be more excited to read all of your responses – and to see who is right – as the new tour unfolds in less than a week!